Hi! I’m Peta Kelly and I am Human AF.
Can someone make me up a name tag with that sweet title?
We’re so quick to throw titles onto ourselves these days and I feel that’s the most relevant one for me….
- I’m not a sage, a guru, or a mogul of any kind.
- I’m just, your homie.
- Just like you, my super weakness is my super power… I’m human. Human AF.
- I teach my tribe about radical productivity, but some days my greatest achievement is keeping less than 13 tabs open at once. Human.
- I stand on stage and teach very genuinely about the voice V the noise… but the noise in my own mind is so freaking loud i’m pretty sure it borrowed some juice from Lance Armstrong. Human.
- I’m that annoying vegan who asks the waiter 25 questions before ordering and I check the almond milk before ordering a coffee, but I’ll eat half a jar of almond butter at around 10pm every night and a whole loaf of banana bread before my period. Human.
- I wrote a thesis at 21 and got first class honors for it, but I’ve had more than my fair shares of benders, and one time I left a nightclub in Berlin at 4pm, without my bra. Human.
- I meditate every single day without fail, but I will go from zero to psycho real quick if my camera roll won’t scroll at the pace i need it to to find my pic from October 2014. Human.
- I tell my brother off for being on his phone too much, but some days I’ll spend 45 mins cross eyed on Instagram and leave with nothing but 20 screen shots of the most inappropriate memes on the internet. Human.
- I’ve read more personal development books than I’ve had hot dinners, but I still have absolutely zero patience for dumb questions, slow walkers, and condescending tones. I just cannot poker face that amount of angst. Human.
- I earned my first million in entrepreneurship by the age of 26, but I started work at the age of 13 for $5.15 an hour and had more than 8 jobs before i graduated high school. I was also a proud sandwich artist at subway for 3 years. Human.
- I’m so freaking excited by my vision and projects and I’m so dam grateful to get to do what i love everyday so young, but some days shit is just so overwhelming and challenging that I mope around the house looking for the naughtiest shit i can find to eat and seriously wonder if running away to the jungle would be easier. Human.
Homies, I take this leadership thing seriously, but also lightly. I don’t want the personal development world turning into Hollywood and for it to become a hierarchy of superhumans that have transcended all earthly minutia, that the ‘regular folk’ can’t touch.
Our #1 job as we lead in The New Way is to remember, embrace, and talk about our humanness. Our generation is gonna make some serious magic together, and unite like never before (fo’realz, one team). As we get all ‘woke’ together, we’re gonna see some INSANE things being created by what appear to be super humans (I’m looking at you, children under the age of 16).
But regardless of how epic we humans become and how many astronomical things we create, people will still wanna hear about how freaking tough it was to do it, how loud our fears got, how our doubt almost killed us… But how we did it despite being a human and because we are human.
Yes, we’re infinite souls connected to an infinite multiverse and we haven’t even scratched the sides of what we’re capable of as humans… But we were made into humans for a reason.
Mess up royally.
Change your mind a million times.
Crap your pants if you have to.
That’s just as glorious as the fact you won a trophy.